Burn - Scarlett Parrish Austin just wanted to find a genuine, one night stand. Nothing more, nothing less. He finds one alright, in a sexy, Scottish man, James.

BURN follows Austin and James' one night together, from their meeting at the bar to the awkward goodbye the next morning. When Austin first goes out, he had no intention of doing anything date-like. James knew Austin's intentions and was outwardly okay with a one night stand. But he, being super sneaky, somehow snuck in their first date. He didn't outright call it a date, but as they went through the motions of trying to end up in a bed, James made sure they went to dinner, had coffee and some conversation. Before you know it, they're on a date, still unbeknownst to Austin.

The best part about BURN? Everything felt real to me. From their introductions, their getting to know you conversations and to their fumbling awkwardness in the bedroom. All felt real and believable. These guys just met and they enjoyed their time together. That's all this was, with the hope for something more. I am not a fan of insta-love, so I appreciated the genuine ending the author left us with.

The second best part about BURN? The dialogue. Austin and James' banter was fun, witty and they had great chemistry. I was smiling and laughing out loud on more than one occasion. Like I said, I love where the story ended, but I would also love to read more about James and Austin. They were just that good together.

Not to mention there's a nerd fetish. C'mon, you can't have something as awesome as a nerd fetish and not give me more! This might be the third best part about BURN.

There was a Scottish accent, plenty of witty humor and nerds. You really can't go wrong.

The Romance Review