Infinity: Chronicles of Nick - Sherrilyn Kenyon I really enjoyed this book! I think that it has to do with the fact that I have read her dark-hunter series so I was familiar with some of the characters. I don’t know if I would have liked it as much otherwise. I guess I can enjoy a book without smut. Huh. Who woulda thought?

The book begins with Nick telling the readers that this is the story of how his life should have gone. Which really confused me in the beginning, but was (somewhat) made clearer towards the end. I loved his character. He is smart, witty and fiercely loyal to his mom. When we first meet him he is just a regular kid who gets picked on at school (I think I have read this story somewhere before...). He and his mom struggle financially. His mom is a dancer and Nick goes to a private school on a scholarship. Needless to say, he doesn’t exactly fit in with the private school crowd. One night while with his friends they get into trouble and Nick is rescued by a man named Kyrian *swoon*. As a result of this, Nick is emerged into the world of the dark-hunters and all things supernatural. He meets vampire slayers (Tabitha. YAY!), were-hunters and or course, zombies. Nick meets different supernatural beings that all claim they are there to protect him. Nick was born with innate evilness inside of him and all of the men in his line have given into that evil. The people who are trying to help him want to guide him to make the right choices to keep him from going down the same path. At the same time, it is hard to tell where the characters really stand and if they really do intend to help Nick.

While all this is going on, somehow, students at his school were being turned into living zombies and were attacking other students. Nick and his friends were trying to get to the bottom of it. By the time they did there were now dead zombies wrecking havoc all over the city. I wasn’t really into the zombie plot. It was weird to me. [spoilers removed] This is why I don’t like YA fiction. Because, well, it can be too YA and just feel silly to me.

I really did enjoy this book! I will definitely continue reading to find more out about Nick and his “protectors”. I love a plot that doesn’t have clear good and bad guys. There seem to be many shades of grey with the characters. Even Nick.