Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5) - Stacia Kane I get all swoony and melt into a gooey puddle of lust when I read Terrible with his sexy Downside slang.
"But Chess laughed and looked at him like she weren’t so unhappy anymore. Made him feel like a hero, and he’d never been a hero. He was the villain. He was the dude who beat people for money and cause he liked it and killed em if he had to, and it ain’t bothered him a bit doing it. And that made him the bad guy. He could live with that. He were right up with that; just the way it was, the way he was."

I loved everything about Terrible’s POV. Everything. From the rest of the series, we know who and what Terrible is. We know he’s Bump’s muscle and enforcer. But we never really saw the full extent of what he does and the violence involved until reading this story from his point of view. So, really, he’s right. Terrible is not a hero. He’s the complete antihero and I love it. He’s unattractive, uneducated and works for a drug lord. But, at the same time, turns around and says the sweetest things in the simplest of ways. All this without losing his character. He never changes from badass to good guy, he’s all of those things, always. I could ramble on and on about my infatuation with Terrible as it never ends.

Of course, Ms. Kane starts off the book with a bang and some dead bodies. The whole "investigation" and suspense was complete awesome and then the last 20% or so keeps you on the edge. Obvs. This is a Downside Ghosts book, after all. Yeah, yeah, yeah... that's great and everything but you know what I want... CHESS & TERRIBLE!
"Pretty cool way to start his day; maybe that were why he was thinking this were a good morning. Causen he were seeing her first."

This being book 1.5 in the series, all this happens before Chess & Terrible get together. GAWD, I loved how he loved her so early on. He’d be thinkin on whatany else (<--see how I did that? I can do Downside) and then he would start thinking about Chess and all these sweet things and...*sigh* But it did take us back to the angsty part of their relationship where, we as readers, knew what (or who *shudder*) she was doing. Just thinking of him makes me want to punch a hole in the wall.
"Hard to remember sometimes that she weren’t his, that just cause he wished she was and sometimes felt like she was, ain’t meant she was for real."

Yet(!)

I loved it. I knew I would. This is, without a doubt, my favorite series. Ever.