Bending The Iron - Libby Drew Michael is stuck. He’s stuck in his uninspiring job, taking care of his alcoholic grandfather and in this small, narrow minded town. Lucky for him there’s a new employee at the local museum, Eric. And guess what? Eric’s gay, too. Let The Romance begin!

Michael and Eric were very sweet together. Michael isn’t used to relationships since living in the small town and Eric isn’t used to one night stands. So they’re both taking a chance with each other. I especially loved Eric. He was an honest, endearing character and continued to do very thoughtful things for Michael. And, and! He works in a train museum and loves his little toy trains and towns. So cute, right? Michael was a little less endearing, while he was loving towards Eric, he had a couple jerk moments that I’m not sure he fully redeemed himself from. He did have a lot to deal with and he gave up a lot to take care of his Grandfather, but he could have been a little more gracious towards Eric for his thoughtfulness. Still, they were a good couple and I enjoyed reading their story.

Why three stars? I felt like their relationship was a little forced. I don’t know what it’s like to be the only gay man in a small town (obvs) but it was like this, “Hey! You’re gay, too? Let’s make out in this closet and then fall in love for forever and ever!” They were together because they could, not necessarily because there was crazy sexual tension or anything. You're here, I'm here...so...why not? I didn’t feel any strong chemistry between the two until the epilogue. Maybe the last chapter.

I liked it. It was an enjoyable read. But I would have preferred a little bit slower build of their relationship. I wouldn’t call it insta-love, but they weren’t burning up my kindle either.

Copy provided from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.