Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells (Love is Always Write) - K.D. Sarge "You have your whole fucking life planned. You'll hate me for fucking it up."
"You are my plan now. Cherishing you is the plan."

Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells is a Love is Always Write freebie and this is the picture submitted with the Dear Author letter. Being a LiAW story I figured I was going to enjoy it, but this? I wasn't expecting this. I wasn't expecting to read it in one sitting, leaving me laughing & crying. I wasn't expecting to fall so utterly in love with Lukas & Alan. But I did. Hard.

Alan and Lukas are working in a group project for a class. With Alan's guyliner, lip gloss and nail polish Lukas instantly takes notice of Alan, just not in the way he usually does when meeting guys. With an erection. Despite the instant attraction, there is some definite sloooowwww burn going on. Straight guy in flannel is into Alan? No, Alan wasn't having it. He knows the drill, no straight boys for him. But while working on their project, the guys get closer and develop a genuine friendship. As their relationship grows we learn some startling and heartbreaking things about Alan, but Lukas takes it all in stride. He continues to be "Batman", as Alan liked to call him, and take care of his guy anyway. No matter how much Alan pushed and finagled and manipulated a situation, Lukas wasn't going anywhere. Alan is bratty, dramatic, pessimistic and an all around pain in the ass. But he's also witty, smart, loving and just adorable. He needs somebody to love and to just love him back. And love him Lukas did. Lukas really had to work to get the guy in the end, but that scene from that picture up there^^? Oh...it.was.worth.it.