The Darkest Kiss - Gena Showalter I was completely surprised at how much I enjoyed this book! What a great follow up to The Darkest Night. Anya has been secretly been watching the keeper of the demon Death, Lucien, and is enthralled with him. But at her approach, Lucien is immediately suspicious of her. Lucien has deep insecurities about his scarred body and refuses to believe that a woman such as Anya could be attracted to him. Not to mention that Lucien was given the task by their new god, Cronus, to kill Anya. Well, Anya was having none of that and gives as good as she gets.

Lucien said it best: "Anya enjoyed stealing, often lied, could kill without remorse, could not make love, and yet he cherished her." Anya was witty, charming and a little ornery. She is one of the most likable characters I've ever read. She was unashamed in her attraction to Lucien and played all her sexy tricks on him. Lucien tried (and failed miserably) to resist Anya's charms and keep her at arms length, but who can resist the goddess of anarchy? Especially one who had sexual innuendo in everything she said. Lucien did have a hard time accepting that Anya could be attracted to him but once he he did, whew, the chemsitry between these two was off the charts.

I loved this book. The scenes with the rest of the Lords has me intrigued and panting, ready to read more of this sexy world Ms. Showalter has created.