Nobody's Hero - Kallypso Masters Adam and Karla’s story started 9 years ago when Adam rescued Karla from some questionable men in the subway. Karla had been running away from home at 16. After Adam’s rescue she decided that maybe she wasn’t ready to be on her own just yet and he escorted a starry eyed Karla back home. Once home, Karla’s family embraced Adam as one of their own. Being a Marine, Adam was soon deployed. He and Karla kept in touch throughout his tour in Fallujah. Now 9 years later Karla finds herself in Denver singing in Adam’s private BDSM club. She is still completely starry eyed when it comes to Adam, and Adam, being 25 years her senior, can’t seem to see her but anything but the 16 year old girl he rescued. She finally decided that enough was enough and she was going to get Adam to see reason, that they are perfect and belong together.

I have loved Adam and Karla’s story from the beginning and have wanted to read it since book 1. I feel like I am rating their relationship as a whole rather than just this book. Just the book by itself didn’t quite live up to my exceedingly high expectations. What I liked was Karla’s persistence with Adam. She didn’t let him off the hook. She knew how she felt even if he didn’t. While she was persistent, she was able to see a lost cause when there was one. She wasn’t going to sacrifice being herself for him. Even if it is the Marine she has loved for 9 years. Adam did have a lot of demons to work through being a widower. I really liked Joni’s voice in the story and that she was still so much a part of Adam’s life and his new relationship. What did bother me... okay, here goes... there was too much sex. There, I said it. There was scene after scene, to the point where I started skimming. I think it bothered me because I was so invested in them already that I was anticipating more of the relationship part of their story, not just the Dom/sub part. Which was good, the fourth and fifth time...

Ms. Masters has a way of keeping you on your toes waiting for the next installment! She gave me just enough of Damian to make me want more. I loved Adam and Karla in book 1 but have been most excited about reading Damian and Savannah’s story.