Twice Tempted - Jeaniene Frost Well, they don’t call him Vlad the Impaler for nothin’. Vlad is one seriously bloodthirsty vamp and he has absolutely no qualms about it. And Leila loves him just the way he is.

When we start off Vlad and Leila are having some relationship issues. Leila wants commitment in the form of “I love you” and a toilet installed his bathroom. It’s really the courteous thing to do. Making your girlfriend walk down the hall to another bathroom? No, I don’t think so. But you know how these heroes are, they’re all, “No, I’m incapable of loving anyone. Deal with it. You are my woman and I am caveman. Spread your legs for me.” Luckily, Leila is a kickass heroine in her own right and left without looking back. Well, maybe she looked back a little but she still left his arrogant ass. Maximus took Leila back to her old carnival friend, Marty, until she could figure out what to do next. While at the carnival someone is out to hurt Leila, resulting in her capture. Who comes to the rescue? Dracula himself.

Oh, I seriously love these two. They are both such strong characters and could each have their own book without any romancing and I would still be craving more. But them together? There aren’t many PNR couples that can live up to Vlad & Leila. Like I said, they had some issues in the beginning but they were resolved in the most perfect way possible. But saying anything more would be some major spoilers. So much happened in this book for their relationship and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Before Leila is captured and then rescued by Vlad she spends quite a lot of time with Maximus. I love him. I want him to have his own book. Can he please get his own book? He’s not quite as in your face alpha as Vlad or Bones, but more of a quiet, I’ll be there when you least expect it type of alpha male. I was so sad to see his heart broken in this book and I would love to read about his HEA.

Of course, this was action packed, with some super hot sex scenes, major alpha male-ness, a strong heroine, snarky comments and LOL moments. So, it was great. I didn’t really expect anything less.