Sins of the Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon 2.5

Dark-Hunters are humans turned “soldiers” for the god Artemis. Their job is to protect humans form Daimon’s who steal human souls by drinking their blood. They are led by the ever-elusive Acheron. Alexion, Acheron’s enforcer, was sent to Earth to straighten out some DH conspiracy theories. This group of DH’s believes that Acheron is a Daimon himself and is plotting to kill all of the Dark-Hunters. Why do they think this? I’m not quite sure. I mean, Acheron has been training these guys for thousands and thousands of years. That’s one long thought out plan if he was going to turn on them. But anyway, I digress... While Alexion is investigating these DH’s he foresees that a Dark-Huntress is in danger of dying and he decides to intervene and save her.

Let’s start with what I DID like... Things are starting to make a little more sense now. I was actually (somewhat) in the know. There were some questions answered about Acheron, more about what he is and why he’s still serving Artemis. You can always count on Ms. Kenyon to deliver funny, snarky humor and some steamy sex scenes.

This is where my likes ended. I am tiring of the same plot lines with the H/h. Tons of insta-love in this series, in almost every book. I liked Danger and Alexion but I didn’t feel much chemistry between them. Their relationship wasn’t believable. When they did say I love you, it was a little weird because I didn’t see it coming. I wasn’t feelin’ it and all of a sudden there were some I love you’s flying around. And then there’s Acheron. I don’t understand the point of having world building at all when there is a character that can kill or resurrect anybody he wants. Whenever someone dies I’m all... yeah, whatever, they’ll come back somehow... and guess what. They do.

I’m going to continue the series to see if it gets back to what it was in the first couple of books. I think I would have enjoyed this more if I didn’t feel like I had read it already.