Lover at Last - J.R. Ward As much as I want to give this book 5 stars (because Qhuinn & Blay deserve no less), I just can't. There was waaaayyyy too much going on that I didn't care about. I can't skim through 40% of a book and rate it higher than 3 stars.

In true WARDen style, I loved, loved every scene with any of the brothers. Qhuinn & Blay finally got the HEA they deserved. And, oh, that epilogue. *sigh* The woman can write some serious romance.

Bravo WARDen for writing a M/M romance novel in such a mainstream series, especially in the political clime we are currently in regarding gay marriage. BRAVO! But as a M/M romance reader, I was disappointed, particularly in the sex scenes. They felt a little distant and awkward IMHO. She doesn't normally write gay sex scenes, and it was obvious. But that epilogue was epic.

My biggest complaint is way too much time was spent on other characters (as usual), characters that I am not invested in and don't care about. Xcor, Assial, Sora, Trez & iAm? I don't care. Really, I don't. Will she ever go back to focusing on the MC? No, probably not. Will I continue reading this series? You bet your sweet ass I will.