Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban This is the first book in the Cut & Run series and it completely blew my mind. Absolutely one of my favorite books I have read this year. Both the mystery and the romance were balanced perfectly.

The story begins with Special Agent Ty Grady and Special Agent Zane Garrett being assigned to a serial killer case together. They suspect that the killer is in the FBI and that is the aspect of the case that Ty and Zane are focused on. When Ty and Zane first get partnered up they don’t like each other. At all. I can see how the banter between the two can grow to be tiresome, but I thought it helped to show the transformation that both of the characters made throughout the story. And it was funny. As these two get further into their investigation they realize that the killer is on to them and it one step ahead. The men are forced to take care and look out for one another as they are working through the case.

What a complex pair these two make. Their relationship was intense. To say the least. They are both effed up, but in different ways that lead them both down a path of self destruction. They certainly don’t want to have feelings for one another. But when they finally realize they do, at least physically... damn. I wouldn’t even call the sex scenes erotic but they were still hot as hell. Those are the best kinds, aren’t they? No need for explicit detail that goes on for pages. Just passion. And the passion between the two was coming off of the page.

I don’t know what else to say about this book except that I must read the next one soon. Cut & Run ended with more of a HFN and I will for sure continue reading about their HEA.