Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) - Chloe Neill I admit that I wasn’t very excited to read this in the beginning. I felt like I have read it a million times before. Heroine who is coming into her own kickassness and an arrogant bastard for a “hero”. BUT, there is a reason I have read it a million times before and that’s because I freaking love this genre!

Merit was, without consent, turned into a vampire by one of the House Masters in Chicago, Ethan. She was attacked and would have died if she was not turned. She never asked to be a vamp and doesn’t want to be one now. Especially when she realizes that she has to leave her old life (somewhat) behind. She fights accepting her new life and refuses to bow down to her sexy Master vamp, Ethan. Which causes all kinds of fun for him. She fights him at every turn until she finally accepts her new life and pledges her loyalty to her House. After that, nothing can shake her allegiance.

I love Merit. I love Catcher. I think I will love Ethan. I especially love Mallory. I need to make a book-girlfriends shelf just for her. This book was a great start to a series. I didn’t feel like I was drowning the world building and trying to keep up with all the different nuances of the supes.

I can’t believe how long I have waiting to start this series! The best part about starting a series late is that I don’t have to wait for the rest of the books.